- Acted as seller’s counsel in sale of $10,000,000+ commercial real estate.
- acted as lenders’ counsel in $10 000,000+ commercial development.
- Represented seller in sale of 500+ billboard easements across multiple states.
- Successfully defended local business owner in real estate covenant dispute with Fortune 500 grocery retailer.
- Successfully represented developer and property owners in overturning rezoning denial of multi-million dollar commercial development project.
- Successfully defended Columbia County in multiple rezoning challenges.
- Served as bond counsel for Columbia County, Georgia water and sewer revenue bonds.
- Served as bond counsel for Columbia County Development Authority on tax-exempt lease revenue bonds.
- Served as borrower’s counsel in acquisition of 400,000 square-foot warehouse facility, financed through tax-exempt lease revenue bonds.
- Served as co-bond counsel in energy performance contracts for local housing authority.
- Represented local bank in refinancing of large apartment complex.
- Represented national and local banks in foreclosure of commercial and residential properties, including representation of clients in confirmation actions and deficiency suits.
- Successfully defended multiple national restaurant chains against individual and class-action lawsuits claiming customer discrimination.
- Successfully defended Fortune 500 company in its nationwide collective wage and hour lawsuit.
- Represented both employer and employee in non-compete/non-solicitation disputes.
- Prepared comprehensive employment handbooks to medium-sized businesses.
Chris practices in the areas of construction and real estate law, both transactional and litigation, with a focus on the use and enjoyment of real estate, including land use, zoning, eminent domain, and property rights. He also practices local government law and is the County Attorney for Columbia County, Georgia. By providing strategic advice for both large national employers and small local businesses, Chris is able to counsel his clients on ways to prevent litigation and handle all their transactional needs. Additionally, Chris has been instrumental in working with both executors and beneficiaries in disputed estate matters.
Honors & Awards
- “African AIDS Crisis; Implications From the Rise of Managed Care in South Africa.” 30 Georgia Journal International and Competition Law, 305, 2002
Chris is a frequent lecturer to general contractor associations on liens and subcontractors contract protection. He also regularly speaks to human resource executives on crafting and updating employee handbooks.