- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Tried more than 110 jury and bench trials.
- Served as mediator or arbitrator in over 250 cases.
- Obtained Summary Judgment in shooting case on county property resulting in paraplegic injury (Reid vs Augusta Richmond Coliseum Authority).
- Obtained Summary Judgment involving witness with emotional distress to traumatic amputation (Stewart vs Central of Georgia Railroad Company).
- Successful defense of premises liability case involving triple fatality from explosion at industrial plant.
- Jury Verdict in favor of insurer over exclusion for shooting death in Declaratory Judgment Action.
- Defense verdict on behalf of major construction company in negligent construction case.
- Defense verdict in defense of civil rights involving settlement demand of $1,000,000
- Defense verdict in jury trial involving invasion of privacy and computer invasion of privacy against national pharmacy
- Favorable jury verdict in FELA (Federal Employment Labor Act) case involving injury to employee with 2 surgeries and alleged inability to return to work.
- Favorable jury verdict in FELA case involving back and ankle injuries.
- Defense verdict in lawsuit alleging RESPA & TILA violations against national bank.
- Defense verdict in products liability case against national pharmaceutical company.
- Defense verdict in jury trial seeking 5.9 million alleging Title VII violations, false arrest, false imprisonment and excessive force.
- Defense verdict jury trial for products liability claims against national manufacturing company.
- Defense verdict in malpractice case against local accounting firm.
- Favorable jury verdict for shopping center owner in premises liability case.
- Defense / favorable verdicts in over 30 trials involving automobile accidents, including defense verdicts in 6 jury trials alleging permanent disability from automobile accidents.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 - Legal Malpractice Law, Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation: Defendants and Professional Malpractice Law
- Georgia Super Lawyers - Civil Litigation Defense (2008-2016) and Georgia Super Lawyers - Corporate Counsel Edition
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Paul C. Harris Fellow of Rotary International
- A Survey of the Law of Non-Contractual Indemnity and Contribution, "Georgia", April, 2012, p33-36.
“What Lawyers Like (and Hate!) About Mediators and Mediation”; Dispute Resolution For Trial and Non-Trial Lawyers CLE; Augusta, Georgia; May 2, 2013.
“Small Things That Make A Big Difference In Mediation”; Dispute Resolution for Trial and Non-Trial Lawyers CLE; Augusta, Georgia; May 1, 2014.