- Over 16 years experience in residential real estate having closed over $2 billion in loans (conventional, VA, FHA, etc.).
- Representation of numerous developers and builders in all aspects of a wide range of development projects including contract negotiation, zoning, property acquisition, development and construction financing, establishment of covenants and associations, and the ultimate sale of homes to end buyers.
- Certified Small Business Administration (SBA) attorney.
Specific Representative Transactions:
- Representation of developer client in every stage of the acquisition, financing, and development of 7 standalone Verizon Wireless stores and 3 Chic-fil-A restaurants, each spread over 6 southeastern states.
- As in house counsel for Hull Storey Gibson Companies, assisted in all aspects of the acquisition of 4 enclosed shopping malls, oversaw the negotiation and drafting of lease agreements with over 1,500 tenants, and assisted in the management/leasing of 40+ grocery anchored shopping centers.
- Representation of multiple lenders in 4 separate apartment developments ranging in values from $8,000,000 to $26,000,000.
- Representation of local lender in $13,000,000 hotel financing and construction transaction.
- Representation of lender in $18,000,000 hospital expansion, as well as subsequent refinancing of same.
- Representation of multiple individual clients in conservation easements saving each an average of $2,000,000+ in personal income tax.
- Representation of hospital client in the financing of 15 separate HUD funded grants for the acquisition and construction of assisted living apartment complexes.
Mike practices in the areas of real estate and commercial transactions in the Evans, Georgia office of the firm. He works closely with companies and regularly advises clients concerning general corporate matters. His practice concentrates on representing corporate, banking, and individual clients in transactions such as real estate closings, lease and contract negotiation and drafting loan closings, collections, and foreclosures.
Honors & Awards
- 2014 Best Closing Attorney Builders Association of Metro Augusta Sales & Marketing Committee