- Represented borrower in a series of multi-state financing transactions involving a $300,000,000 corporate restructuring.
- Represented billboard company in a multi-state sale and transfer of various commercial real estate interests throughout the country.
- Represented seller in $5,000,000 sale of commercial shopping center.
- Represent residential real estate buyers and sellers throughout South Carolina.
- Represented real estate developers in all aspects of their projects including acquisition, financing, commercial leasing, covenants and restrictions, contract law, and zoning and land use.
- Represented lender in connection with a series of multi-state homebuilder finance lines of credit in the $10,000,000 to $30,000,000 range.
- Represented borrower in $2,500,000 agricultural loan line of credit.
- Represented purchaser in all aspects of $2,000,000 acquisition of insurance company including contract negotiation, transaction structure and financing.
- Represented lender in contested $2,000,000 commercial real estate foreclosure of 5 convenience stores involving various bankruptcy and collections issues.
- Served as court-appointed receiver of a golf course managing day-to-day operations during the pendency of a $5,000,000 foreclosure.
- Represent individuals in estate planning matters including succession planning, asset protection against potential creditors and estate administration.
Paul’s practice centers mainly on representing banking and corporate clients in transactions such as commercial loans; real estate acquisitions, development and leasing; and corporate mergers and acquisitions. He has extensive experience in corporate/commercial law, including all aspects of business formation and operation, joint venture transactions, strategic partnerships, equity buy-in agreements, buy-sell agreements and other similar agreements, as well as a variety of agreements that clients require for their continuing operations. He routinely represents lenders, corporate clients and select individuals in a variety of transactions including commercial loan restructurings and workouts, loan refinances, bankruptcy matters, mechanics’ liens, retail banking agreements, buyouts, debt restructuring, and multi-party lending agreements. In addition to real estate transactions, Paul also handles litigation involving commercial lending and real estate disputes, and has represented corporate, municipal and select individual clients in matters ranging from mortgage foreclosures, commercial collections, evictions, enforcement of subordination agreements, title disputes, zoning matters, land use, eminent domain proceedings, homeowners’ association disputes, lease disputes, and various other disputes involving real property.