- Represented commercial retail developer in a $125,000,000+ multi-state financing transaction.
- Represented developer in $50,000,000+ commercial development involving a private-public partnership with highly complex real estate issues, bond financing, government law issues, and loan issues.
- Represented developer in a $60,000,000+ transaction involving acquisition and financing of multi-state commercial properties and containing complex multi-state tax issues.
- Represented lender in connection with a $75,000,000 syndicated revolving secured borrowing base facility.
- Represented 3 different golf course community developers in all aspects of the projects including property acquisition, financing, leasing, establishment of covenants and associations, zoning and land use.
- Represented lender in connection with a series of multi-state builder finance lines of credit in the $10,000,000 to $50,000,000 range.
- Created a unique set of documents for multi-state secured revolving credit facilities under which over $200,000,000 of loans have been closed.
- Represented lender in a complex and contested $3,000,000 case involving real estate foreclosure, deficiency judgments, and collections.
- Represented lender in a contested case involving builder line of credit in the amount of $10,000,000.
- Represented lenders in a foreclosure and collection case involving large commercial loans secured by a manufacturing site contaminated with nuclear material.
- Represented multiple lenders and borrowers in connection with complex Intercreditor and subordination agreements involving various forms of collateral.
- Represented lender in a contested $2,000,000 case involving real estate foreclosure and deficiency judgments.
- Served as lender’s counsel for a $70,000,000 mezzanine financing transaction involving companies and subsidiaries involved in a wide array of various businesses.
Rand practices in the areas of commercial, corporate, lending, and real estate law in the states of Georgia and South Carolina. His practice centers on representing banking and corporate clients in transactions such as commercial loans; real estate acquisitions, development and leasing; and corporate acquisitions and mergers. He also represents lenders in commercial loan workouts, collections and foreclosures.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America® - Public Finance Law and Real Estate Law
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Coauthor: "O.C.G.A. § 44-14-361.5 Protection Against Remote Liens of Persons Without Privity of Contract." Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia.
Rand regularly speaks to state groups on real estate and lender topics