We provide a wide array of services across virtually all residential and commercial real estate sub-practice areas and serve our clients in the core real estate areas of land acquisition and entitlement, development and construction, capital markets, lending, finance, and leasing.
Our firm’s work encompasses the representation of local and national banks and financial institutions; real estate developers; institutional and entrepreneurial investors; property managers; hospitals and health care providers; retailers; restaurant operating companies; and individuals.
Importance of Real Estate Industry Law
Our real estate group includes practitioners with skills, experience, and capabilities across various disciplines involving commercial and residential real estate. Our attorneys often works closely with other firm attorneys whose practices are inextricably linked to real estate, such as mergers and acquisitions, environmental, taxation, litigation, and healthcare. Collectively, Hull Barrett maintains decades of experience in not only the legal and technical issues associated with sophisticated real estate transactions, but also in the underlying business aspects, which allows us to address, analyze, and structure transactions in ways that creatively and effectively deliver the greatest results for our clients.
Representation and Achievements
- Representation of developer in acquisition, financing, and development of Verizon Wireless stores and Chic-fil-A restaurants spread over 6 southeastern states.
- Representation of multiple lenders in separate apartment developments ranging in values from $8,000,000 to $26,000,000.
- Representation of local lender in $13,000,000 hotel financing and construction transaction.
- Representation of lender in $18,000,000 hospital expansion and subsequent refinancing.
- Representation of multiple individual clients in conservation easements saving each an average of $2,000,000+ in personal income tax.
- Representation of hospital client in the financing of 15 separate HUD funded grants for the acquisition and construction of assisted living apartment complexes.
- Represented the developer of numerous large resort projects on the East Coast and in Puerto Rico.
- Represented developers of multi-use projects including residential condominiums, retail stores, restaurants, and parking decks, dealing with issues regarding ownership of air space.
- Represented seller in sale of 500+ billboard easements across multiple states.
- Successfully defended local business owner in real estate covenant dispute with Fortune 500 grocery retailer.
- Successfully represented developer and property owners in overturning rezoning denial of multi-million dollar commercial development project.
- Served as borrower’s counsel in acquisition of 400,000 square-foot warehouse facility, financed through tax-exempt lease revenue bonds.
- Represented developer in $50,000,000+ commercial development involving a private-public partnership with highly complex real estate issues, bond financing, government law issues, and loan issues.
- Represented developer in a $60,000,000+ transaction involving acquisition and financing of multi-state commercial properties and containing complex multi-state tax issues.
- Created a unique set of documents for multi-state secured revolving credit facilities under which over $200,000,000 of loans have been closed.
- Represented lender in a contested case involving builder line of credit in the amount of $10,000,000.
- Represented lenders in a foreclosure and collection case involving large commercial loans secured by a manufacturing site contaminated with nuclear material.
- Represented lender in connection with a series of multi-state homebuilder finance lines of credit in the $10,000,000 to $30,000,000 range.
- Represented purchaser in all aspects of $2,000,000 acquisition of insurance company.
- Represented lender in contested $2,000,000 commercial real estate foreclosure of 5 convenience stores involving various bankruptcy and collections issues.
- Served as court-appointed receiver of a golf course managing day-to-day operations during the pendency of a $5,000,000 foreclosure.