The Firm’s trucking and transportation law practice covers the representation of numerous trucking companies, an ambulance company and a Class I railroad. Firm attorneys are often retained to assist with immediate accident response and on-the-scene investigations.
Importance of Trucking and Transportation Industry Law
All areas of transportation law are heavily regulated by the State and Federal governments. It is important to have an attorney who is knowledgeable of those regulations whether in the litigation or transactional setting.
Representation and Achievements
- Defense verdict in trucking accident case where the plaintiff sought $15 million dollars in damages.
- Defense verdict in trial against utility company truck for automobile accident.
- Successful defense at trial of local industry truck transporting lumber.
- Successful defense at trial of Class I railroad in FELA action for permanent disability resulting from two ankle injuries.
- Successful defense of Class I railroad in FELA action alleging permanent impairment and loss of earning capacity as a result of back and neck injuries.
- Summary Judgment for railroad in negligent infliction of emotional distress case. Stewart v. Central of Georgia Railroad Company, 87 F. Supp. 2d 1333 (2000).
- Railroad Depot Property, Augusta, Georgia – coordinated due diligence investigation and negotiated terms of Brownfield acquisition for buyer, managed remediation per EPD approved plan, and obtained from seller reimbursement of expenditures when real estate deal did not close.