The firm assists in all aspects of wills and trusts, ranging from consultation, preparation and administration. Wills and trusts are an integral part of the estate planning process. Simply put, estate planning helps you make informed decisions about planning for your loved ones in the event of your death. Many clients spend years building the value of their business and other assets – estate planning helps to preserve that value. Oftentimes, the process can also create value by minimizing the cost or expense related to estate administration.
We combine the careful, discreet attention of a family attorney with the financial acumen of a corporate law firm. The firm regularly advises couples in first marriages, second marriages and beyond, with no children, minor children or grown children. We work with young professionals all the way up to retirees. We also use our experience in administering estates to advise what may work well in a particular situation and what may not be as productive for your family.
We prepare simple wills, complex wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, charitable trusts and a host of other planning techniques. For more information about estate planning, please refer to Estate Planning FAQs.
Importance of Wills and Trusts
Death comes to us all eventually. By having a plan in place in case of your own future death, all the hard work you have put in to growing and nurturing a business or accumulating wealth will not be lost. Whatever your situation in life, knowing your estate will be successfully and efficiently managed and administered according to your wishes in a way that benefits those dear to you can give you peace of mind in the present.
Representations and Achievements
- Providing advice across the entire spectrum of personal planning matters, including gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer taxes; sophisticated estate and trust administration; charitable transfers; and wealth preservation across generations.
- Succession planning and reorganization of family businesses to ensure a smooth transition of management and control as a family grows
- Creating solutions for complex family commercial disputes and trusts and estates litigation
- Inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America
- Recognized by Georgia Super Lawyers, Georgia’s Legal Elite
- Election as Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Licensed Attorneys in the States of Florida, South Carolina, Georgia
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant