A national retailer and one of its employees recently was sued for malicious prosecution, false arrest and false imprisonment. The case was tried in the State Court of Richmond County in Augusta, Ga. The plaintiffs claimed they had been falsely arrested and imprisoned on shoplifting charges and were seeking more than $300,000 in damages.
George Hall, of Hull Barrett PC, and co-counsel went to trial on behalf of the defendants during the week of Jan. 21, 2020. After three days of trial, the jury returned a complete verdict for both defendants.
Hall has an active trial practice with a concentration in personal injury defense and commercial matters. He has tried more than 120 cases in his career and has served as a mediator and arbitrator in more than 300 cases since 1997.
His practice areas include:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, Mediation & Arbitration
- Business Disputes, Commercial & Securities Litigation
- Discrimination and Harassment in the Workplace
- Lease and Real Estate Disputes
- Products Liability, Personal Injury and Torts
- Professional Liability Law
To read more about Mr. Hall, go HERE.