- Counsel with and advise clients regarding their estate planning, including wills, trusts, durable financial powers of attorney, advance directives for healthcare, and family and charitable gifting.
- Assist in the preparation of the essential estate planning documents, as well as revocable (‘living’) trusts, irrevocable gift trusts, life insurance trusts, all types of charitable trusts and private foundations, including advising about the tax effects and operations of these planning vehicles.
- Represent and assist families with administration of the estate, including probate and related aspects, such as estate inventory, management during administration, distributions to beneficiaries, and related tax matters; representation in court for both contested and non-contested proceedings.
- Advise about and form limited liability companies, corporations, and partnerships, to include preparation of organizational agreements, shareholder and partnership agreements.
- Represent buyers and sellers in business sales and mergers.
- Represent and advise physicians and medical practices in a number areas including healthcare, employment, contract, and partnership law.
- Successfully obtained a substantial judgment for losses incurred by a retirement plan against an investment firm for violating ERISA (the federal retirement law). Reported at 895 F.2d 729, Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.