- Participated in week-long Federal jury trial resulting in verdict of over $1.5 million in a complex business dispute. Affirmed, 362 F.3d 775 (11th Cir. 2004).
- Obtained summary judgment for manufacturer on multi-million dollar claims brought under the Federal and Georgia RICO Acts. See 276 F. Supp. 2d 1276 (S.D. Ga. 2003); Affirmed, 362 F.3d 775 (11th Cir. 2004).
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant in multi-million dollar class action brought under the Georgia RICO Act. See, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 156914 (S.D. Ga. 2011); Affirmed, 719 F.3d 1236 (11th Cir. 2013).
- Successfully defended County storm water fees against Constitutional challenge. See 278 Ga. 242 (2004).
- Obtained summary judgment for employer in lawsuit involving race discrimination under Title VII and violations of Section 1983. Affirmed, 372 Fed. Appx. 51
- Obtained summary judgment for employer in Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) retaliation claim. Affirmed, 546 Fed. Appx. 833 (11th Cir. 2013).
- Obtained dismissal of claims against employer in Section 1983 wrongful termination lawsuit brought by former employee. 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 102681 (S.D. Ga. 2011); Affirmed 518 Fed. Appx. 628 (11th Cir. 2013).
- Obtained summary judgment for employer in Title VII race discrimination and retaliation lawsuit.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal with no payment of settlement money for employer in Title VII sexual harassment lawsuit.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal with no payment of settlement money for defendant in Americans With Disabilities Act lawsuit.
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant in wrongful death action brought under Georgia law and Section 1983.
- Minimized exposure and performed damage control by negotiating favorable settlement with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) in age discrimination and race discrimination lawsuit.
- Handled dozens of responses to charges of discrimination filed with the EEOC on behalf of corporations.
- Draft and review non-compete agreements and employee confidentiality agreements for dozens of businesses and individuals.
- Draft and review employee handbooks for dozens of businesses.
- Draft and review employment contracts for dozens of businesses and individuals.
- Work with corporations and human resources departments to review labor relations and streamline company code to be in line with federal and state corporate employment law.
- Provide counseling for businesses regarding compliance with FMLA, ADA Title VII and other federal and state employment laws.
- Represent businesses in unemployment appeals at all levels.
Honors & Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star - Civil Litigation Defense (2013-2014)
“Employment Law Developments”; Update on Georgia Law ICLE; Augusta, GA; December 13, 2012.
“Today’s Technology: Issues Your Organization Must Address”; Augusta, GA; October 23, 2012.
2012 Labor Law Update, “The EEOC: What You Need to Know”; Sponsored by the Thomson McDuffie Chamber of Commerce; Thomson, GA; May 8, 2012.
“Complying with New Employment Regulations: Immigrants, Garnishments, and Health Care Reform”; Sponsored by the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce; Augusta, GA; October 2011.