- Has handled and resolved litigation in federal and state courts for over twenty years, involving a variety of matters such as commercial (business) disputes, contract disputes, construction disputes, private company shareholder disputes, real property laws, the Clean Water Act, the Federal Miller Act, and Georgia’s Little Miller Act.
- Successfully represented various individuals, government agencies and utility companies in condemnation cases and inverse taking claims (both as plaintiff and as a defendant). These cases involved various property uses such as large and small shopping centers, national retailers, local businesses, apartment complexes, residential homes, family land, and undeveloped acreage.
- Successfully handled construction disputes in both federal and state courts. These cases have involved areas such as federal military projects, highway road construction, commercial and residential structures, office renovations, and school improvements.
- Successfully represented individuals, banks and title insurance companies in litigations involving the title to real estate and secured instruments.
- Successfully represented parties (public and private) in land use and zoning disputes, procurement challenges, ad valorem tax valuation disputes, and Freeport Exemption disputes with local governments.
- Successfully represented buyers and sellers of business in disputes arising out of commercial and residential sales agreements. These cases include purchases of automobile dealerships, physician/professional practices, and private businesses.
- Successfully defended corporations and individuals against personal injury cases, including industrial injury and construction failure.
- Successfully represented professionals (nonmedical) against malpractice or related claims.
- Acted as a mediator and as an arbitrator in cases involving commercial construction disputes, residential construction disputes, and land valuation disputes.
- Appointed as a Special Master in bar licensing dispute.
- Counselled numerous individuals, corporations, and government agencies on the efficient resolution of disputes short of litigation or through alternative dispute resolution methods.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®2017 - Litigation: Construction; Commercial Litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Paul C. Harris Fellow of Rotary International
- “Political Violence and the Law in Ireland.” 4 Emory International Law Review. 239, 1990
“Georgia Construction Lien and Public Contract Bond Law”; Athens, Georgia; 1999.
“Proving Damages in an Eminent Domain Case”; Institute of Continuing Legal Education. Georgia. 1998.
“Environmental Litigation in ‘Nuisance’ Inverse Condemnation Cases”; Annual Environmental Law Summer Seminar. Georgia. 2019.