The Rotary Club of Aiken recently named attorney Bill Tucker the Scott B. Hunter Rotarian of the Year. The award was made by John Lindsay, the 2019-20 club president.
For nearly 20 years, Tucker provided a brief – and often humorous – news summary to the organization during its weekly meetings. Tucker was the Rotary Club’s 1993-94 president and is a senior partner in the Aiken office of Hull Barrett.
The honor was “unexpected and undeserved, but thank you very much,” Tucker said. Lindsay thanked Tucker for his advice and counsel to other Rotary Club presidents and his ability to provide information to the club while adding “a touch of humor, often when it was needed.”
“Bill Tucker actually has been a Rotarian of the Year for our club and for this community for a long time,” Lindsay said. “He has contributed in so many ways to organizations in the community that conform to the Rotary motto of ‘Service Above Self.’”
The Scott B. Hunter Rotarian of the Year award is named in memory of the former Aiken Standard publisher and Rotary Club of Aiken past president. Hunter died in 2018 at the age of 69.
Tucker practices in the areas of estate planning, probate, real estate, and business/corporate law and has extensive experience on wealth transfer issues for individuals and owners of closely held businesses, the administration of decedents’ estates, and residential and commercial real estate transactions and small business transfers. Tucker is admitted to practice before the Federal and state courts of South Carolina.
Tucker is very active in the community, including:
- Aiken County Junior Achievement, past board member
- American Red Cross- Aiken Chapter, past board member and Chairman
- Commission on the Future of Aiken County, past board member
- Community Foundation for the CSRA, board member and former chairman
- Green Boundary Club, Past Board of Governors member
- Palmetto Golf Club Board of Governors member and past president
- Chairman of the Whitney Trustees
- Rotary Club of Aiken member, past president, Paul Harris Fellow
- Tri-Development Center of Aiken County, past president and board member
- USC Aiken Partnership, past president and board member, Planned Giving Committee
- Community Care and Counseling Service board member
- Member of First Presbyterian Church of Aiken
The Aiken office of Hull Barrett is at 111 Park Avenue, S.W. Bill Tucker can be reached at (803) 648-4213 or email@example.com.