Hull Barrett has extensive experience representing buyers and sellers of large and small businesses in a wide variety of situations through asset and stock purchases, spin-offs and corporate mergers and reorganizations. Our mergers and acquisitions practice emphasizes understanding our clients’ businesses and business objectives and areas of concern or risk, and allocating time and resources to most efficiently and effectively structure and close the transaction. We focus on relevant organizational and financing structures and alternatives for tax, regulatory and operational efficiencies. We work to creatively resolve legal issues and conflicting interests of the parties in negotiating deal points.
We have successfully negotiated and closed significant transactions with many of the largest law firms in the country, and are equipped to use this experience to provide high level, cost effective counsel in M&A transactions.
Importance of Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Buying, selling or combining businesses provides great opportunities for creating or unlocking value for our clients. Each transaction involves highly technical and varied legal, business and tax issues, must be effectively structured, requires protections from liabilities and skilled negotiations, all of which should be professionally addressed by counsel.
Representation and Achievements
- Represented seller in sale of internet based educational business.
- Represented buyer in acquisition of foreign travel magazine.
- Represented seller in sale of group of newspapers for over $100 million.
- Represented seller of national food products business.
- Represented multi-billion dollar REIT in “merger of equals”.
- Represented outdoor advertising business in series of acquisitions and dispositions of operating divisions.
- Represented seller of book publishing business.