Products liability and personal injury are related practices of law that sometimes individual confuse. Products liability law encompasses the burden and responsibility of a company or manufacturer to compensate a party for injury caused by a project. This means a product caused injury but that an individual or company is responsible for the product. Personal injury also encompasses the injury, physical, mental or emotional of a person but due to the negligence of another individual.
Products liability and personal injury defense are an important focus of the litigation practice at Hull Barrett, P.C. With a number of attorneys experienced in these areas, Hull Barrett, PC is equipped to defend complex products liability and personal injury claims. At the same time, we are committed to serving the particular needs of each client, regardless of the size or complexity of the case. We have developed techniques for cost effective management of litigation. We are prepared to represent clients in products liability and personal injury suits that require significant litigation and in matters in which early evaluation and effective negotiation of a timely compromise are of utmost importance. We understand each client’s business objectives and deliver customized service. We work collaboratively with clients to avoid surprises, anticipate challenges, and provide meaningful advice throughout the litigation and with any ongoing compliance matters.
Representation and Achievements
- Defense verdict for national manufacturer in products liability alleging personal injury from oral mouth wash.
- Defense Verdict for national drug manufacturer in products liability action alleging personal injury from use of cholesterol medicine.
- Obtained Summary Judgment in shooting case on county property resulting in paraplegic injury (Reid vs Augusta Richmond Coliseum Authority).
- Obtained Summary Judgment involving witness with emotional distress to traumatic amputation (Stewart vs Central of Georgia Railroad Company).
- Successful defense of premises liability case involving triple fatality from explosion at industrial plant.
- Jury Verdict in favor of insurer over exclusion for shooting death in Declaratory Judgment Action.
- Defense / favorable verdicts in over numerous trials involving automobile accidents, including defense verdicts in several jury trials alleging permanent disability from automobile accidents.
- Defense verdict in federal court as to whether a high pressure coupling rented by defendant to an industrial plant was defective and caused injuries.